We all enjoy those breezy winds, and they are nothing less than a treat to our souls. But, the humid weather brings a lot of hair problems too, and it can lead to damage and hair fall. The pollutants in the rainwater and the increased humidity make the hair lifeless, dull, frizzy, and more prone to breakage. Hence, a hair care routine is essential to maintain a healthy scalp and strengthen your weak hair. Let’s find out what we can do to protect our hair during this monsoon season.
The humidity in the air necessitates a modification in your hair care routine. Using a mild shampoo helps in removing the impurities from your hair. Increasing the frequency of washing your hair is an ideal suggestion. The humidity attracts a lot of dust to your hair, which causes your strands to become more brittle and frizzy. Washing your hair twice a week is a nice option during the monsoon season. If you’re going to wash your hair more frequently, you should choose a light shampoo. It is good to use mild and natural shampoos that do not have too many chemicals.
Although your hair may feel greasy or sticky, you should opt for an oil massage at least 20 minutes before washing it. If normal oils don’t suit your hair and your roots are too weak, mix a few drops of lavender, sandalwood, rose, or other essential oils with little water and apply them to the scalp. Essential oils are very delicate and are quickly absorbed. Instead of feeling heavy, your hair will gain a silky texture. Choose essential oils suitable for your skin and blend them with water to apply to your hair.
It is necessary to maintain a healthy diet. The most crucial vitamin for healthy hair is protein. So, if you want to show off your hair, consume high-protein meals like salmon, eggs, carrots, whole grains, dark green veggies, kidney beans, almonds, low-fat dairy products, etc. These tips and tactics will help you get rid of hair and scalp problems during the monsoons, regardless of your hair type. Similarly, you can also take some nutritious supplements like Gorgeous Hair and Nails Gummies by Power Gummies to manage hair problems like hair fall and dull and damaged hair. These gummies are an easy and excellent source to add essential nutrients to your daily diet.
While synthetic hair care products are the norm these days, try using some old-school procedures and ingredients like onion-infused oil, aloe vera, flaxseeds, etc. These methods improve hair texture and general quality and replenish the natural oils and hydration that monsoon humidity depletes. At least once a week, get an oil massage before showering. It will hydrate your scalp and strengthen your hair by boosting blood circulation.
Heat styling products should be avoided during the monsoon season. Due to heavy humidity, these chemical-based products tend to make your hair oily/greasy. It, in turn, harms your hair and scalp, as well as causes dandruff. An oily scalp must be cleaned regularly with a moderate shampoo to avoid dandruff and hair loss. Hair fall can also be caused by over-styling your hair and applying heat without using heat protectants.
Various hair care solutions have been created specifically for the monsoon season, as this is when infections and scalp concerns are most prevalent. If you face hair loss during the rainy season, your remedies must be strong; learn more about hair care during the rainy season.
- If you have dry hair, a deep conditioning shampoo should be used, but avoid ones that contain sulfates and parabens.
- You can add some biotin supplements to improve your hair quality because biotin helps strengthen hair roots and reduce hair fall.
- Hair oils containing ayurvedic components such as neem, Brahmi, and bhringraj are particularly calming for your hair roots and help balance the acidity levels caused by rainwater. Neem oil is commonly considered one of the best hair oils available.
- Because your scalp is prone to fungal infections at this time, an antifungal shampoo with the required conditioner is essential.
- When getting your strands wet during rainfall, use a hair serum to manage frizz. One of your monsoon hair care suggestions could be to pack a serum.
- Wet hair should never be combed. Allow your hair to air dry before untangling it with your fingers. Apply some conditioner to your hair with a wooden toothed comb.
- Your hair suffers from humidity and subsequent shampooing. In the monsoon, use a hair mask to deep condition and nourish your strands while also helping your tame frizzy hair.
Pollution in the environment exacerbates the situation since rain, when combined with pollution and carbon dust, causes havoc with your hair. During the rainy season, you’ll need some good hair care and some effective DIYs for better hair care.